Gameface

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forums of Gameface on Boulderfist US.

3 posters

Kellgen app. Tank DK

Kellgen

Kellgen app. Tank DK Empty Kellgen app. Tank DK

Post  Kellgen Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:38 pm

In Game Name: Kellgen
    RL name: James
    Level: 80
    Class: Death Knight
    Main Spec: Blood Tank

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Kellgen

Previous Raiding Experience:

Vanilla:
    (played a dwarf paladin, raided with <Fulcrum> till May 06. Rerolled Horde as orc shaman and hit rank 11 with <Shaman r teh Overpower>.)
    ZG
    AQ20
    MC
    BWL

TBC:
    Kara
    (continued to pvp as main avenue, 2k 5v5 in s3)

Wrath:

Naxx10: 15/15
    OS 10 and 25
    Malygos 10
    (i have the achievement for maly 10, but i wouldnt consider it as experienced. i was dps'ing at the time and during the run i was drunk off my ass.)
    Naxx25: 13/15
    (I lead my own pug raids, so i have yet to achieve Sartharion +drakes, or saph/kt in 25man.)

Relevant Previous Guilds And Why You Left Or Were Removed:
    None to mention. All guilds that i've been a member of have been friends or "fuckoff" guilds since BC launched and SRTO broke up. To throw out names if necessary, RL is a Myth, Terribull Airlines, and other various periods in SRTO again with old friends. I typically don't seek a guild to gear up, i just bust my ass and pull my own weight. if i want something bad enough, ill pug it... as long as i know what i'm doing, i can teach others how to succeed.

Your Real Life Statistics:
    My full name is James Thom (pronounced Tom). Im 22 and live in San Diego CA. Im a full time student at San Diego State University in a Biochemistry undergraduate program. I work as a store manager for Tuesday Morning Inc. in La Mesa CA. My work involves opening/closing procedures, accounting, and also managing a staff of 1-3 employees on any given day.

Available Play times:

Monday: 1300-2400
    Tuesday: 1700-2400
    Wednesday: 1500-2400
    Thursday: 1700-2400
    Friday: 1100-2400
    Saturday: 1500-2400
    Sunday: 1500-2400

Typically, i work 3-4 days a week, closing shifts. most commonly, that is Saturday, sunday, and either tuesday or thursday. For example, this week, i worked 2-8pm on sat, 11am-7pm sun, and ill be working 4-8pm on both monday and tuesday. My work schedule fluctuates weekly and so i won't know my schedule until the thursday or friday the week before. Above times are post-school hours, work times not included due to its inconsistent nature.

Do you think you can handle stressful periods of raiding in a calm effective manner? In other words, when we are facing difficult progression will you tough it out till it gets done, or do you not think you can handle that?
    If there is one thing i cannot stand, it's people that shrink from a task when the going gets tough. When i was first app'd to <fulcrum> as a bwl healer, the raid was wiping on Vaelstrasz. for a period of a few raid times, i banged my head against the wall on that fight to get it down, and i was an app, i couldnt even get any loot if it dropped for me.
    It still pisses me off when people are impatient or have to leave when im running a pug naxx now. its a big pain in the ass to deal with. plus.... it's a pug, full of asshats anyhow. i have to be calm or they'll call me a dick and leave group.

What You Feel You Can Or Will Bring To Gameface:
    ... a really awesome tank. no seriously? buttsechs.

Last edited by Kellgen on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : modified play times section.)
    Roflcopter
    Roflcopter
    Admin

Kellgen app. Tank DK Empty Re: Kellgen app. Tank DK

Post  Roflcopter Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Wow the first app, and its a goodie!!

Rank 11 eh? jesus........ lol

Seriously thought, your gear is sufficient for naxx at least, and it will be easy for you to get upgraded before ulduar. I like your app, I like your attitude about progression, and you were polite in-game when i fucked up the website so thats all +1.

2k arena in anything but season four means that you have to have at least SOME skills (except if you were Ele, pew pew lightning bolt <,< lol), but this was as a shaman. How comfortable are you as a DK? can you multitask and tank/keep threat on several different targets at once?

You mentioned a Job, and that last week in particular you worked both on tuesday AND saturday nights. How flexible is your schedule, if you are serious about this, is it possible to adjust this part-time job so that you can make at least 2/3 raid nights? I just want more clarity on your schedule is all, We cant recruit you and have you come raid just once a week, if that.

I will bring this up after tuesdays raid. Be prepared to be called up for a naxx this weekend, if need be, and if you are availabe as testing you out sooner would be better than later. But please clarify your schedule a bit more.

Thanks for Applying to Gameface.
    Kellgen

Post  Kellgen Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Roflcopter wrote:Wow the first app, and its a goodie!!

Rank 11 eh? jesus........ lol

Seriously thought, your gear is sufficient for naxx at least, and it will be easy for you to get upgraded before ulduar. I like your app, I like your attitude about progression, and you were polite in-game when i fucked up the website so thats all +1.

2k arena in anything but season four means that you have to have at least SOME skills (except if you were Ele, pew pew lightning bolt <,< lol), but this was as a shaman. How comfortable are you as a DK? can you multitask and tank/keep threat on several different targets at once?

You mentioned a Job, and that last week in particular you worked both on tuesday AND saturday nights. How flexible is your schedule, if you are serious about this, is it possible to adjust this part-time job so that you can make at least 2/3 raid nights? I just want more clarity on your schedule is all, We cant recruit you and have you come raid just once a week, if that.

I will bring this up after tuesdays raid. Be prepared to be called up for a naxx this weekend, if need be, and if you are availabe as testing you out sooner would be better than later. But please clarify your schedule a bit more.

Thanks for Applying to Gameface.

i was pullin about 100hours/week in addition to school for that rank11. 2k 5v5 was on a holy paladin, which in s3 kinda sucked balls as a class. i have played every class at least to 60.

Gear always needs improvement. ive dumped about 4k gold over the past week to lvl my blacksmithing and mining. when both are finished, ill have 20 more stam from rank 6 mining toughness and two more prismatic sockets in gloves and bracers.... hopefully with a net yield of 33k unbuffed hp.
    bracers and belt still need work, and the thaddius10 trinket would replace nicely.

threat gen, to be completely strait-forward is an issue. single target tanking is a joke. back to back heart strikes once i get a rotation going, and noone will pull threat. aoe tanking, and picking up adds is an issue. i see it happening, and do my best to grab them, but it's just the nature of DK tanking... all my system is on cooldowns. with no aoe taunts, my primary aoe tanking tool is a surface DoT (on it's own 15sec CD). and also being blood, i lack a mass-target damage ability like howling blast. heart strike hits 2 targets like cleave. so a few targets like abominations is pretty easy. gothik on the other hand is almost impossible. continuously spawning adds, combined with staggered cooldowns = bad news. that's the only problem with the spec.

don't get me wrong tho, it has it's uses too. 30/60 sec ive got 50k hp buffed and all healing is +35% on me. pretty baller for OT on patch.

job is somewhat flexible, and my supervisor is 100% flexible when it comes to my school schedule. so if necessary, ill request tuesdays and saturdays as non-work days (probably in exchange for working every sunday and monday. depends on the other managers' flexibility as well.

i'd love to start app. raids asap. i know this is gonna look bad, but this weekend is a definite not gonna be online whatsoever. escrow closes on my home on the 11th, ive gotta be out by the 13th. I can start moving in to the new place on the 5th. that pretty much means that ive gotta move completely next weekend. mobile-mini's are scheduled to arrive and move my shit, etc.... that said, i probably should have waited to app. (but if thats the sole reason i'd be declined, tbh, i wouldnt wanna raid with ya either. no offense)
    Roflcopter
    Roflcopter
    Admin

Post  Roflcopter Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:12 am

Hmm, well, im not the DK expert, Fateful is, but from what ive seen, frost tanking pulls pretty good aoe threat, so perhaps get a acquainted w/ it at least? Your gear is not an issue, 1 run through naxx and ur pretty much on par. Um, as far as your upcoming schedule thats fine, well keep you on hold until you settle down and probably give u a go if you're on sometime.

Thanks and good luck.
    Fateful
    Fateful
    Admin

Post  Fateful Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:47 am

I'll be keeping an eye on your TPS during certain fights and select pulls if I feel your threat is lackluster I might request a respec, but I have no doubt that you will do fine I've blood tanked myself you just have to know what to do in certain situations. Interesting spec btw.
    Kellgen

Post  Kellgen Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Roflcopter wrote:Hmm, well, im not the DK expert, Fateful is, but from what ive seen, frost tanking pulls pretty good aoe threat, so perhaps get a acquainted w/ it at least? Your gear is not an issue, 1 run through naxx and ur pretty much on par. Um, as far as your upcoming schedule thats fine, well keep you on hold until you settle down and probably give u a go if you're on sometime.

Thanks and good luck.

i am familiar with frost tanking as well, so if being blood becomes an issue, i can easily respec to frost and know what i'm doing.

Fateful wrote:I'll be keeping an eye on your TPS during certain fights and select pulls if I feel your threat is lackluster I might request a respec, but I have no doubt that you will do fine I've blood tanked myself you just have to know what to do in certain situations. Interesting spec btw.

i'd be curious to actually see that. i don't run any mods when i play, so i don't have the slightest clue of how my actual threat is other than the scrolling combat text warnings. i do try and blood boil to aoe threat as much as i can, it's jus that i get caught in a snag with only 2 blood runes at the beginning of a pull. ive gotta w8 10 seconds to get some death runes switched over. and if i D/D, im stuck with that, plus diseases, and then a pestilence.... and thats all i can do until some runes refresh or i mash my empower rune weap button.

i'll keep you posted on the move, hopefully by next week, itll be sorted out and good 2 go. cable internet should be activated at the new place by the time i move in.
    Kellgen

Post  Kellgen Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:25 am

respecced frost for a change anyway. i lost a little more than 1k hp, but my aoe threat seems to be better.

lead a pug sarth25 +1 drake for shits/giggles between classes today.
    Roflcopter
    Roflcopter
    Admin

Post  Roflcopter Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:05 am

You will need to run the full set of our required raiding add-ons, including omen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:01 pm